Sunday, June 17, 2007

Life in the Philippines: Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there!

I miss my Dad. I know he's not worried about me and my kids, though, because he left us in very good hands - my husband's.

My husband, B, is - in my and my children's opinion - the best father in the world today!!! There is nothing more we could ask for.

He gives us all he's got, and we don't know how he is still able to also give much of himself in service to others. He is our very own Superhero!

He gives us moral guidance and direction just by being himself. His daily words and actions are like beacons of light to all those around him.

He can also be corny - no, he's ALWAYS corny! And he never gives up with those jokes. :D

And he always tries to find time to drive all of us around no matter how busy he is. (I really do have to have the courage to learn how to drive again soon.)

On Father's Day, and every day of our lives, we love you. I LOVE YOU!!! ;-*

11 comments:

Forever59er said...

Ooh, thanks for reminding me its Father's Day. I never nearly forgot. Its sometimes sucks that dads pale in comparison with moms and thus are less romanticized or celebrated. I should remind my kids just in case.

You got a fun and loving dad. My own was such fun and charm and TLC except that he loved many women other than my mom. He claimed they -- the others -- didn't have anything to do with my Mom who was the only one he truly cared for. I wonder ... He also used to tease he had such a big heart it could accomodate a barangay.

Oh my ... should I write a Father's Day piece too?

www.aboutalbania.ws said...

your link is in the first page on blog . on the left side under Partner links

THIS is my blog

M said...

Thanks for the visit, Annamanila!

Your Dad was something else. I would have been so jealous, even as a daughter!

I'll be visiting your blog regularly. I so enjoyed being there :D

Affiliate Program User, thanks for the link. You're in my Great Links page, too.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I love the post! It's all heart!

Anonymous said...

wow nakalimutan ko na father's day pala kahapon.. thanks po sa post na to.. at na alala ko waaaaaaaaa!!! thanks thanks thanks po talaga manila mom :)

Anonymous said...

belated happy father's day to your hubby. btw--driving family around is no easy task.

M said...

Thanks, AnitoKid. It was written from the heart!

Jemme, it's never too late naman. Every day is always an opportunity for us to show the fathers in our lives how much they are appreciated :D


SexyMom, same to your hubby! Yes, I know, driving us around is really a chore. That's why we so appreciate his doing it with such patience.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are such nice words to say about your husband. I guess, I should also look at things that way - I may have lost my father, but I do have another "father" close to my heart. My daughter's father! :)

Thanks for the visit. Care to exchange links? :)

M said...

True, Kathy, we are blessed having the father of our children by our side even as we say goodbye to our own father.

I'dlove to exchange links.I already put you in my Great Links page :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks! That was fast. :) I'm honored to be in your Great Links. I've just added your link in my blogroll. :)

M said...

Thank you, Kathy! Expect me to come a-visiting often :D

Powered by WebRing.


 
ss_blog_claim=eb84bdccc67501a69af94b64720df3d8