Thursday, July 09, 2009

What’s Your Dream Family Car?

We’ve had our sedan since the kids were babies. Yes, it’s that old but sadly not old enough to count as a valuable antique. It’s actually in that in between state that just sums up into no value. For us, though, it’s invaluable. We love our white Toyota Corolla so much that we even named it. We call it Casper. And Casper still serves us faithfully to this day. Our kids have even made us promise never to sell it. I guess we never will.

If you were to buy another family car, though, what would it be? I asked myself that question and came up with the idea of something as reliable as our Casper but with more space perhaps. Nothing too fancy. The priority should be function. And the right price, of course. Maybe something like the 2009 Honda Fit. My husband would most probably prefer something like the Dodge Ram 1500, though, which could also be used for business deliveries. But that would fall under the category of light trucks, wouldn’t it?

On the other hand, I’ve been daydreaming about having grandkids in the next ten years or so ever since our eldest turned twenty. (Yes, I’m weird that way.) And with grandkids in mind, mini vans would be much more appropriate. I can just see me and the hubby driving around with grandbabies. Awww!

I better start queueing up for lotto tickets regularly if I intend to have this dream car for the family. It’s not as if something like this is in the regular family budget. I can dream, though, can’t I?

0 comments:

Powered by WebRing.


 
ss_blog_claim=eb84bdccc67501a69af94b64720df3d8