Thursday, July 12, 2007

Work at Home Mom: How Thoughtful of You!

.


The Brown Baron of Brown Thoughts has made me all misty-eyed by giving me the Thoughtful Blogger Award.

Who wouldn't be touched when the award has the following criteria?

"For those who answer blog comments, emails, and make their visitors feel at home on their blogs. For the people who take others feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous. Also for all of those bloggers who spend so much of their time helping others bloggers design, improve, and fix their sites. This award is for those generous bloggers who think of others."

Brown Baron had this to say:

"MJ of Manila Mom - She brings the qualities that make her a great mom to her blog. All her visitors feel cared for. "

Wow! This means so much to me. I have always felt that as bloggers we consider our blogs our virtual homes and we should, therefore, extend the same courtesy to our visitors as we do at home. Conversely, when we visit blogs, we should be just as courteous as if we were visiting another's home.

But then again, we do lose our temper or patience sometimes. The key is not to write in the middle of a burst of anger or annoyance. Reread your post several times before hitting the publish button.

As I said to the Brown Baron - this means I can't suddenly turn catty on my blog then :D

It is not surprising that the Brown Baron was himself given the award. He is very hospitable to his visitors, replying to every comment. His posts also show him to be a thoughtful husband and dad to his own young family. I have always felt that visiting his blog was like visiting the home of a happy young family.

The Thoughtful Blogger Award is actually one of five Blogger Awards created by Christy of Writer's Reviews. When you receive an award, you pass the honor on to five other people. It can be five of the same award or a combination of the five different awards.

I am hereby awarding the Thoughtful Blogger Award to:

Jenny of Gus' Gang - After losing her baby to illness, this inspiring and courageous mom turned around and set up a ministry to reach out to families of chronically ill children, as well as families who have lost a child.

Sasha of Sasha Says - A very warm person whose comments section is always full of people who obviously feel welcome and very much at home in her blog. She has gone through a lot of life challenges but always has encouraging words for blog friends when she bloghops.

AnnaManila of Ode2Old - Her comments section is always a good read in itself because she truly takes time to reply to each visitor and is always gracious and full of wit.

Marhgil of Macuha.com - He always lends his knowhow especially to techie-challenged bloggers like me. I continue to learn a lot from him.

AnitoKid of The AnitoKid Chronikos - My blog bro may be quite overexposed here but there's just no denying the fact that he's one of the most generous bloggers I've met online, going out of his way to help fellow bloggers.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi manila mom! I am still here actually and when I saw your comment, I immediately hopped over. Thank you so much! This means a lot to me! :)

Wow! This is the first time another blogger gave me an award!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

And oh by the way, I will post this as soon as I come back. Thanks again :)

M said...

It's well-deserved, Sashing! I'm very sure all your blog visitors and blog friends will agree!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I just published your comment in my site (Agi Receives the Rockin' Girl Blog Award) and just made a comment that you always had a way with words, Mom! And that you will always be one of my favorite writers - all time.

Little did I know that there is this Thoughtful Blogger Award that is being given out by you! WoW! This is another unexpected surprise! It's like this awards goes hand-in-hand with the one given to my daughter.

From the bottom of my heart ManilaMom, Much Thanks! Maraming, maraming, maraming, maraming salamat!

And oh! With regards to Baron's "MJ of Manila Mom - She brings the qualities that make her a great mom to her blog. All her visitors feel cared for" - the Baron just hit the bull's eye. It is true, Mom. I always feel welcome in your site - maybe because I feel that you also write from the heart. And i kid you not!

M said...

Agi is truly a Rockin' Girl with all her accomplishments. And I'm sure she'll agree that she was fully supported by her Thoughtful Blogger dad! :D

Kindness, generosity of spirit and friendship keeps the blogosphere a welcoming place for all bloggers. You and all other bloggers listed here help ensure that.

doorlight said...

Congrats to Sasha!

M said...

Thanks for dropping by, Door Light!

Jenny said...

Wow! What an honor...I appreciate your kind words and prayers for Gus' Gang! You've made my day...thank you!

Anonymous said...

You deserve that award. No doubt about it. Great choices for the next batch too.

One Wacky Mom said...

I love this post Manila Mom! Oooooh you are a great writer! I lost my head there for a few days because hubby did indeed surprise me!

You set a wonderful example with this post manila mom...I think I found a great friend!

M said...

Jenny, you deserve even more than this award. You are inspiring all of us to have greater courage and deeper faith in the face of the most painful circumstances. Thank you!

M said...

Brown Baron, once again, thank you very much! This award is a wonderful way of proving that there are a lot of good people in the blogosphere. I hope the spirit of the award influences all bloggers.

M said...

Thank you, Ev/Wacky Mom! I think I've found a great friend in you, too. I so resonate with your posts! I just wish I could be as funny. Don't kid yourself - you ARE a great writer. I love being at your blog. I read right down to your earliest posts. :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this! I'll pass the award by this weekend. It's good to know people appreciate what I'm writing on my blog.

Thanks again! God bless.

M said...

Your advice is always much-appreciated, Marhgil! Thanks for your generous sharing!

Anonymous said...

it's always good for one blogger to receive awards and commendations from another blogger. like, when you nominated me for Janet Toral's project. Blogging is a community!

M said...

You reap what you sow, Sexy Mom. Several of us voted you into the top ten of that list, which just goes to show that you do deserve it! :D

Anonymous said...

Already posted the award. Thanks again, manila mom! Happy Friday! :)

M said...

See how all your visitors agree, Sashing? You do deserve it!

Powered by WebRing.


 
ss_blog_claim=eb84bdccc67501a69af94b64720df3d8