Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Trying to Earn Global Online from the Philippines: Optimize Your Blog by Streamlining to Your Niche

Clean up your topic clutter.

If you want to use Adsense as a major income stream, remember that it serves contextual ads. It gives your blog ads that match the keywords you are writing about.

If you write on too many topics, Adsense may serve you ads that you did not intend to offer to your readers. If your ads are not of interest to your visitors, they wouldn't be interested to click on them. You lose revenue.

This blog, for example, was primarily intended to share lessons I am learning as I try to make money online. Since I also write Filipino romance novels as Maia Jose, I thought I could incorporate that into this blog, as well.

I realized, however, that there are already so many things I want to write about on problogging, earning money online and working freelance. And there are also so many things I want to write about under my Maia Jose persona - writing romance novels, reading romance novels, being a romantic, being in love, relationships and such.

I further realized that although I may have visitors interested in both aspects of my work, there are many more who may only be interested in one or the other. If I put everything in one blog, I may be losing focus. I may also be sending mixed signals to Adsense, prompting them to send me ads that are not as targetted to my niche as I want them to be.

I decided, therefore, to create another blog: Maia Jose Romance. This way, I can streamline each blog to its target audience while still proving a link between the two.

The Maia Jose Romance blog is still under construction. I hope to get it up and running within a day or two.

Having several blogs covering your various interests is a good way to reach out to as many visitors as possible without "muddying up" one catch-all blog.

I am just about to test what I have written about so we'll see how this goes in the next few months, shall we?

--------------------------------------------------

Online money-making opportunities you can join for FREE:

- Send and receive money anywhere around the world with e-gold. Earn from referrals.

- Get your own internet business using a proven worldwide income system with a 20-year track record. No experience required. No risk.

- AGLOCO will pay you for just doing your normal surfing routine. You can earn even more with referrals.

- Earn $5 immediately just by signing up at Paid Forum. Earn more from each referral, each thread you start and each reply posted.

- MyLot also pays you to participate actively in their forum. Earn further from your referrals.

- No-Minimum.com pays you to click, read email, and sign up for offers. You also get paid when you refer new members.

Text Link Ads

0 comments:

Powered by WebRing.


 
ss_blog_claim=eb84bdccc67501a69af94b64720df3d8