Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sight Reading Music for Piano Players

I learned how to play the electronic organ one summer in high school, but I was taught only one piece – Somewhere My Love (Lara’s Theme from Dr. Zhivago). Unfortunately, after the recital, I forgot all about it. I haven’t played since then.

My mother-in-law plays the piano beautifully, though. Sad to say, none of my kids have inherited a love for playing on ivory keys.

I still love listening to piano music even if I can’t play. I also can’t read music, except for the very basic note reading taught in elementary school. I am totally amazed at how piano players can sight read sheet music and even play a piece they have just seen for the very first time.

Apparently, there’s a technique for sight reading music that can be easily learned by both new learners and experienced piano players who still have some difficulty with it. A course for sight reading music is available online. It consists of an instructional DVD, a CD of computer drills on recognizing notes, harmonic intervals and melodic intervals, and 177 pages of sheet music to practice on, covering basic, intermediate and advanced pieces. This sight reading music course is designed for adults and children alike and comes with a 30-day guaranteed refund if you are not satisfied with it. If you’re a piano player who still wants to hone the art and skill of sight reading music, this may be the missing link you need.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi and thank's for sharing. I;m so beginer in piano but not a greta ambitions of course just a little hobby:) And you don't dive up and wish you luck!

Klara said...

well you are lucky guyes I can't play but like not I'm in love piano listener. like you blog Manila Mom:)

Yana said...

i like very much to listen but never try to play. Wish you luck and also your blog is amazing darling!

Powered by WebRing.


 
ss_blog_claim=eb84bdccc67501a69af94b64720df3d8